In the media
Big Deal for Open Access
Inside Higher Ed
University of California system secures a landmark open-access deal with publisher Elsevier. Some university librarians hail the agreement as a breakthrough, but others worry about possible long-term impacts.
Research team led by Jana Dambrogio reads an unopened letter from early modern Europe using computational tools.
- Researchers virtually open and read sealed historic letters, MIT News
- New Technique Reveals Centuries of Secrets in Locked Letters, New York Times
- Rare ‘locked’ letter sealed 300 years ago is finally opened virtually, CNN
- Sleuths Read Old Booby-Trapped Letters Without Opening Them, Wired
- A Letter Sealed for Centuries Has Been Read—Without Even Opening It, Wall Street Journal
- Reading A Letter That’s Been Sealed For More Than 300 Years — Without Opening It, NPR
- Researchers read sealed 17th-century letter without opening it, The Guardian
- Algorithm reveals contents of fragile letters sealed for 300 years, New Scientist