Food and beverage policy
For the spring semester, the Libraries have amended our food and beverage policies:
- No food or eating in Libraries spaces with the exception of the Courtyard Cafe area in Hayden located in building 14.
- Covered beverages are permitted only in reading rooms, study rooms, at study carrels, tables, and in specific areas where permitted.
- No beverages are allowed in the Distinctive Collections Reading Room, in stacks, or at computer terminals.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Study areas should be left clean. Alert library staff to spills so we can submit cleaning requests.
- Users not complying with these guidelines will be reminded of the policy and then asked to leave the Libraries if they are unwilling to comply.
- Interpretation of these guidelines is at the discretion of Libraries’ staff.
- See the Library use policy for more information on using the MIT Libraries.
For questions about food and beverages at events in MIT Libraries, please contact email@example.com.