Food and beverage policy
For Fall of 2021, in keeping with MIT face coverings policy, masks are required in all public Libraries spaces for staff and users at all times.
For the fall semester, the Libraries are amending our food and beverage policies:
- No food or eating in Libraries spaces with the exception of the Courtyard Cafe area in Hayden located in building 14.
- Covered beverages are permitted only in reading rooms, study rooms, at study carrels, tables, and in specific areas where permitted.
- No beverages are allowed in the Distinctive Collections Reading Room, in stacks, or at computer terminals.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Study areas should be left clean. Alert library staff to spills so we can submit cleaning requests.
- Users not complying with these guidelines will be reminded of the policy and then asked to leave the Libraries if they are unwilling to comply.
- Interpretation of these guidelines is at the discretion of Libraries’ staff.
- See the Library use policy for more information on using the MIT Libraries.
For questions about food and beverages at events in MIT Libraries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.