Request an appointment
We currently have two options for appointments to view materials.
In-person appointments for the DC Reading Room
Things to know:
- Appointments must be requested at least three business days in advance.
- Requesting an appointment does not guarantee availability.
- You cannot request more than one seat for yourself.
- We do not currently limit the length or frequency of appointments, but may need to do so in the future. Thank you for understanding.
Request an in-person appointment
- Visit the Distinctive Collections’ Reading Room appointment request form in LibCal.
- Choose the date and time you would like to visit the Reading Room and click on the corresponding green box.
- By default, you will be scheduled for one hour. If you want to extend your visit, see the dropdown menu below the grid and select a new end time.
- Click “Submit Times,” and you will be taken to the terms and conditions page.
- Confirm the booking details, review the terms and conditions, and click “Continue.”
- You’ll be taken to a form to complete. If you’ve already requested materials via the Distinctive Collections Request System, include those details. Then click, “Submit my Booking”.
- You will see a screen confirming that you have submitted an appointment request.
- You will receive an automated email from the LibCal system that says you have submitted a request.
- When Distinctive Collections staff approve this request, you will receive a second email through the LibCal system.
- If your request is denied, you will be notified and made aware of the reasons.
- The day before your Reading Room appointment is scheduled, you will receive an email from Distinctive Collections staff reminding you of your appointment and with a list of important things to know before your appointment.
- After requesting an appointment, if you have not already done so, create an account in our Distinctive Collections Request System to submit and track requests. See more information on requesting materials.
- Your appointment request will not be approved until your material request(s) have been submitted. Material requests must be made at least three business days in advance of your requested appointment date.
Reference consultations (with materials) via Zoom
Things to know:
- Appointments must be requested at least one week in advance (more notice appreciated).
- You will be limited to 10 folders/items per appointment. If you need to see more than 10 folders/items, please schedule two appointments.
Request a virtual (Zoom) consultation
- Before you schedule an appointment, create an account in our Distinctive Collections Request System. This will facilitate the work needed to schedule your appointment.
- Email us at email@example.com and let us know you’d like to schedule a virtual consult.
- Once your appointment is confirmed, you’ll be sent instructions on how to use our Distinctive Collections Request System to request materials.
- Please place your requests as soon as your appointment is scheduled to give us ample time to retrieve and review your materials.
If you have any questions about booking appointments, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.