Copyright & publishing
- Copyright FAQ
- Using copyrighted content
Fair use, license agreements, using images & figures, and how to cite.
- Electronic course reserves guide
- Fair use and open resources for making your content available on a course site.
- Retaining rights when you get published
Why and how to hold onto rights when signing publishing agreements
- Amend a publishing agreement
Addenda that incorporate MIT’s OA policy or federal public access policies into an author agreement.
- Theses & copyright
Using others’ and your own published work in your thesis & publisher policies related to theses.
- MIT Framework for Publisher Contracts
- Reusing figures from major publishers
Libraries’ agreements with several publishers allow MIT authors to reuse content in their own work.
- Open access publishing support
Find support for open access publishing, including the OA fund.
- MIT-Springer rights agreement
Springer & the MIT Libraries have an innovative agreement to make Springer papers more openly available.
MIT & Elsevier