The new NIH Policy for Data Management & Sharing went into effect January 25, 2023.
We help MIT faculty and researchers manage, store, and share data they produce.
Learn more about MIT’s commitment to research data management from the MIT Research Data Principles.
- Why manage your data?
- Write a data management plan
- Other guides to data management
- Meet funder requirements
- Organize your files
- Back up & secure your data
- Use documentation & metadata
- Use file formats for long-term access
- Electronic Lab Notebooks (ELNs)
- Open Science Framework (OSF)
- Find a data repository
- Meet journal requirements
- Learn about confidentiality & intellectual property