We help MIT faculty and researchers manage, store, and share data they produce.
Learn more about MIT’s commitment to research data management from the MIT Research Data Principles.
- Why manage your data?
- Write a data management plan
- Other guides to data management
- Meet funder requirements
- Organize your files
- Back up & secure your data
- Use documentation & metadata
- Use file formats for long-term access
- Electronic Lab Notebooks (ELNs)
- Open Science Framework (OSF)
- Find a data repository
- Meet journal requirements
- Learn about confidentiality & intellectual property