The Libraries will continue our current level of available service through late August. These services include:
- Shipping of books and other tangible materials, including those from other libraries, anywhere in the U.S. or Canada
- Suggest a Purchase for the requesting of e-book and other digital acquisitions, as well as print purchases to be shipped
- Providing digital copies of items in our collections, including Distinctive Collections
- Access to millions of online resources, including e-books, online journals, databases, and streaming media
- Remote consultations with subject liaisons and experts in data services, scholarly communications, Distinctive Collections, and more
Our physical locations will remain closed for in-person services this summer, yet we will continue to provide study space for students with campus access. We look forward to welcoming MIT community members to our physical locations, including the newly renovated Hayden Library, this fall.
New library search platform
On July 13, 2021, the Libraries are launching a new library search platform that will enhance the discoverability of our rich array of resources. The launch of this major systems upgrade was planned to ensure as minimal impact as possible on the community — users will still be able to access online resources and request books, book chapters, and articles during the upgrade. For more information on the new platform, please see our FAQ.
Questions? Ask Us.