CREOS is a catalyst for collaborative evidence-based research about the best ways disparate communities can participate in scholarship with minimal bias or barriers.
As part of the MIT Libraries, CREOS leverages MIT’s longstanding emphasis on innovation, entrepreneurship, and open sharing of educational and research materials.
- Incentives and barriers to equitable and open scholarship
- Impacts of equitable and open scholarship
- Economic models for equitable and open scholarship
Current research activities
- Postdoctoral research program in equitable and open scholarship supported by the Mellon Foundation
- Research on the Economic Impacts of Open Access Monographs
- Designing Review and Evaluation for Open Scholarship
- CLIR/DLF Postdoctoral Fellowship in Data Curation for Energy Social Science Canceled due to COVID-19
- February 16, 2021, Micah Altman did a brief presentation on behalf of CREOS for an OASPA webinar on open book metadata. Slides are available here.
- September 30, 2020, The Economics of Scholarly Monographs, a Bibliography is published to this website as a part of Open Access Monograph research.
- May 6, 2020, MIT receives grant from The Mellon Foundation to support postdoctoral research program
- December 19, 2019, Being scientific about open science design (We need more science in our open science), slidedeck for BITSS 2019, full presentation (approximately 4:04:00 mark in video)
- December 17, 2019, Cornell University, arXiv.org, Selecting efficient and reliable preservation strategies: modeling long-term information integrity using large-scale hierarchical discrete event simulation
- November 27, 2019, Materials Connect, What do you mean by “data”? What do you mean by “share”?
- July 25, 2019, Library Journal, MIT Libraries Launches Center for Research in Equitable and Open Scholarship
- January 24, 2019, Library Journal, MIT’s Grand Challenges Issues Final Report
Visiting scholar program
- 2018, Philip Cohen, PhD, Professor, Department of Sociology University of Maryland, College Park
- About CREOS: Meet the team, collaborators, and learn how to engage with CREOS.