- The Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) awarded $321,557 for Community Tracking Indicators for Open and Inclusive Scholarship to create measures based on open bibliometric data, web and social-media mining, and community input.
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation awarded a Postdoctoral research program in equitable and open scholarship $750,000 from 2021-2023.
- CLIR/DLF funded a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Data Curation for Energy Social Science from 2021-2023. Due to COVID this has been canceled.
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation awarded Grand Challenges in Information Science and Scholarly Communication $108,500 from 2017-2018 to host a workshop on March 19-23, 2018 and produce a subsequent white paper.
- The Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) awarded A National Forum on Principles of Accessibility and Inclusion for the Design of Library Systems $92,170 from 2018-2019 to host an invitation only workshop in April 2019 and the resulting white paper.
- The National Science Foundation awarded Collaborative Research: Revealing the Invisible: Data-Intensive Research Using Cognitive, Psychological, and Physiological Measures to Optimize STEM Learning $365,480 from 2014-2019 to MIT, TERC, and Landmark College.
- The Sloan Foundation awarded Harvard University Privacy Tools Project $868,954 from 2014-2019 to MIT Libraries and Harvard University to advance a multidisciplinary understanding of data privacy issues and build computational, statistical, legal, and policy tools to help address these issues in a variety of contexts.