Statement on diversity
The MIT Libraries is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion, and well-being within the communities we represent and serve. To that end, the Libraries seek to:
- Promote and enhance the well-being of all our community members — especially students — by maintaining inclusive, safe, and welcoming spaces and by providing resources, services, and programs that promote and reflect diversity, inclusion, social justice, and wellness.
- Increase the percentage of underrepresented minority (URM) staff in the Libraries.
- Provide ongoing training and support for all library staff in developing cultural competencies.
- Maintain strong relationships within the MIT community, especially with URM groups and programs, supporting their goals and valuing their opinions.
- Be a leader within the library and archives communities to advocate for broader adoption and implementation of these goals.