Jobs at the MIT Libraries
Interested in working at the MIT Libraries? The MIT Libraries seeks qualified candidates who are dedicated to fulfilling our mission to advance research, teaching, and learning at MIT and beyond. We aim to play a leading role in advancing knowledge to solve global challenges by enhancing the discovery, use, collection, creation, management, dissemination, and preservation of information across disciplines. Library staff at all levels contribute to this mission and to a culture that values openness, inclusion, innovation, and community.
MIT is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community and particularly welcomes applications from qualified women and minority candidates. The Libraries seek professionals who enthusiastically embrace the empathy, courage, self-reflection and respect of a multi-cultural, diverse and inclusive workplace, and who strive to incorporate those values in their work and interactions.
Currently open positions
- Director of Finance and Administration (pdf) Application submission window has closed
- Director of Human Resources (pdf) Application submission window has closed
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Librarian – Liaison, Instruction and Reference Services (pdf) – Application deadline – Priority date June 4
- Architecture and Design Librarian – Liaison, Instruction and Reference Services (pdf) Application deadline – Priority date May 21 – Application review in progress
- Enterprise Systems Engineer – Technology Systems and Support Services (pdf) Application deadline – Priority date May 14 – Application review in progress
- Senior Systems Librarian – Technology Systems and Support Services (pdf) Application deadline – Priority date April 30 – Interviews scheduled
- Acquisitions Associate – Acquisitions and Appraisal (pdf) Application deadline –Priority date March 19 – Deliberations in progress
- Internship opportunities – on hiatus