Reserve a group study room
Before you reserve: Review guidelines
We want to make these rooms available to as many students as possible. If your request violates any of these guidelines, it will be cancelled.
- Any current MIT student, faculty or staff may reserve a group study room.
- Priority is given to groups of two or more – single users can be “bumped”.
- Rooms may be reserved for a maximum of 3 hours at a time.
- Rooms may be reserved no more than 30 days in advance.
- Reservations for consecutive, concurrent, or recurring meetings are not permitted.
- Rooms are only available during library hours.
- Reservations cannot be placed over the phone or by e-mail.
Reserving a group study room
Please review the guidelines above before reserving. If your request violates any of the reservation guidelines above, your reservation will be cancelled.
Reserve online (or check availability)
- Visit http://owa.mit.edu and log in with your Kerberos ID.*
- Select New > Meeting Request from the drop-down menu.
- In the box next to Resources type “lib:room” (no quotes).
- Click the Check Names icon on the menu ribbon (a person with a check mark). A window will pop up with a list of group study rooms.
- Select a room, date, and time. (List of group study spaces)
- Switch to the Scheduling Assistant tab to see the room availability.
- In the Subject line, enter a recognizable description of your meeting.
- Click Send. You will receive an email stating if your request was accepted or declined by the room.
*You must have changed your Kerberos password within the last 12 months to use this system.
- Use the touch screen devices mounted outside each room. (Please note: Reservations for Dewey Library group study rooms must be booked online.)
- These devices allow anyone from the MIT community to book an immediate reservation for up to 3 hours from the current time.
- This method cannot be used for scheduling future reservations or if the room is currently in use by someone else.
Cancel a reservation
Delete it from your Outlook calendar. This will remove the reservation from the Room Availability page.