24/7 study spaces
Library locations and study spaces remain closed until further notice. Students with MIT Covid Pass can use touchdown spaces around campus instead.
The MIT Libraries are happy to offer students three 24/7 study spaces located across campus.
These spaces are for use by the MIT community. Use your MIT ID to access the spaces after hours. Please see Guidelines for 24/7 Space Use for complete information.
Please note: Particular areas in the libraries below have been designated 24/7. These spaces are open during regular library hours and accessed from inside the library. When the library is closed, the study spaces are accessed from a “24/7” door outside the library. There is no access to collections.
Barker Library (10-500)
- Our largest 24/7 space – seating for over 90 people
- Quiet study space inside the Great Dome – additional study areas in portions of the 5th floor
- Scanner/copier, Athena computers and Athena printer
- Bathrooms and hot/cold water dispenser
- Late night snacks available in basement vending machines between buildings 10 and 4
Dewey Library (E53-100)
- Seating for 22 people
- Athena computer, large tables, study carrels
- Bathroom and hot/cold water dispenser
Hayden Library (14S-100)
Hayden is closed for renovation until Fall 2020, including the 24/7 study spaces.
Great new study spaces will be coming! For details, see Hayden Renovation.