24/7 study spaces
The MIT Libraries are happy to offer students three 24/7 study spaces located across campus.
These spaces are for use by the MIT community. Use your MIT ID to access the spaces after hours. Please see Guidelines for 24/7 Space Use for complete information.
Please note: Particular areas in the libraries below have been designated 24/7. These spaces are open during regular library hours and accessed from inside the library. When the library is closed, the study spaces are accessed from a “24/7” door outside the library. There is no access to collections.
Barker Library (10-500)
- Our largest 24/7 space – seating for over 90 people
- Quiet study space inside the Great Dome – additional study areas in portions of the 5th floor
- Scanner/copier, Athena computers and Athena printer
- Bathrooms and hot/cold water dispenser
- Late night snacks available in basement vending machines between buildings 10 and 4
Dewey Library (E53-100)
- Seating for 22 people
- Athena computer, large tables, study carrels
- Bathroom and hot/cold water dispenser
Hayden Library (14S-100)
Hayden is closed for renovation until Fall 2020, including the 24/7 study spaces.
Great new study spaces will be coming! For details, see Hayden Renovation.