The February 11, 2016, panel, The Future of the Library, discussed the changing role of libraries as spaces for collections, research, technology, and public engagement. David Adjaye, architect and 2016 McDermott Award recipient, was joined by:
- Chris Bourg, director, MIT Libraries, and chair, ad hoc Task Force on the Future of Libraries
- Ginnie Cooper, chief librarian of the District of Columbia Library (retired)
- Jeffrey Schnapp, professor of Romance Languages and Literatures and of Comparative Literature, Harvard Graduate School of Design, founder and faculty director, metaLAB at Harvard, and faculty director, Berkman Center for Internet & Society
- Nader Tehrani, dean of the Irwin S. Chanin School of Architecture at The Cooper Union of the Advancement of Science and Art and principal, NADAA
- Moderator Ana Miljački, assistant professor of Architecture, MIT.
This story was created in 2016 with Storify, a service that compiled posts from Twitter, Facebook, and more, which shut down in May 2018. A PDF of the story has been archived.