Scanning requests for course reserves
Submit requests for article and chapter scans
The instructor is responsible for determining that course reserves materials comply with copyright law. Please review our guidelines on using copyrighted content before submitting your scanning requests.
Request materials the Libraries own
Submit your request through the Libraries Scan and Deliver service.
- Find the item you want in Search Our Collections.
- If an electronic version is available, use the links in the Get it online section for immediate access.
- If the item is not available electronically, use the Request via Scan & Deliver links to request scans of articles and book chapters.
- Be sure to check that the citation information is correct and add article or chapter citation information (author, journal volume/year or book title, article title or chapter number, and page numbers when possible).
- If a scan is needed, you may be asked by Libraries staff to provide your fair use analysis for any scans in excess of single book chapters or journal articles.
- When you receive the Libraries’ provided scan, you may upload the content to your course site (CMS).
Request materials the Libraries do not own
Request through our Resource Sharing department using ILLiad.
- See the Libraries’ Document Services page for more information about when and how to use ILLiad services.
- Resource Sharing staff will look for a copy at another library which typically takes 3-5 days but may take longer.
- When you receive the document from Resource Sharing, you may upload the content to your course site (CMS), if consistent with your fair use analysis.