The Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR), the worldâ€™s largest archive of digital social science data, is hosting two opportunities for undergraduate students to gain experience in working with their data:
- The ICPSR Undergraduate Research Paper Competition will highlight the best undergraduate student research papers that use data from ICPSR.
* Up to three cash prizes will be awarded. The winner will receive a monetary award of $1,000. Second place receives $750 and third place $500.
* Deadline for submission is January 31, 2007.
- The ICPSR Summer Undergraduate Internship Program will take place June 11-August 17, 2007.
* Gain experience using statistical programs such as Stata, SAS, and SPSS.
* Learn data processing skills to prepare social science data for archiving and distribution.
* Deadline for application is January 5, 2007.
For more information on either of these programs, contact Katherine McNeill-Harman, Data Services and Economics Librarian, at email@example.com.