Perhaps you’ve used JCR from Thomson Reuters to find the “impact factor” of a journal, to compare journals, or to discover a new place to publish your work. Until now, this was a fairly tedious process: for one, you had to search year by year.
However, change has come: the new version of JCR resides on the InCites platform and includes these new features:
- Search the journal title with keywords
- See the coverage years right away
- See the Impact Factors back to 1997 for several journals
- Download the journal profile (a table of Impact Factors and other measures by year) in three formats
- Compare journals based on a specific indicator
- Compare journals in a subject category easily from the home page
The Help button on the top of the homepage leads to further descriptions of these features and training videos. For any questions, contact Collections Strategist Michael M Noga, and happy hunting!