How can I get materials from the Annex?
Access to Annex collections is available to:
Members of the MIT community
- PDF delivery: Search Our Collections and use the Request via Scan & Deliver link.
- Delivery to campus libraries/office delivery: Search Our Collections and use the Request item link.
- Pick up at campus libraries: We will deliver to any library service desk. Choose a pick up location when you place your request.
- Office delivery: Available for MIT faculty, postdoc, and academic/research staff. If you’re eligible, you will see this option when you place requests.
Non-MIT visitors with serious scholarly research need
- Delivery to campus libraries: Submit our request form for delivery of Annex items to an MIT Libraries service desk for in-library use only. We do not offer visitor borrowing privileges.
Access is limited to members of the MIT community with an MIT ID.
The Annex is a closed-stack collection and for any on-site visit, materials must be used in our reading room. Please call ahead to make an appointment and have the Annex staff verify availability of materials before visiting.
The Annex is not open to non-MIT visitors.