Document Services offers free interlibrary borrowing services to the MIT community, lends materials to domestic & Canadian institutions, and provides paid document delivery & scanning services to the world.
Order/purchase copies of materials from MIT collections
Please verify that MIT owns the material before placing an order.
- MIT theses: See the dissertations/thesis guide.
- MIT research publications: See the tech reports guide and the working papers guide.
Borrow materials from MIT collections
The MIT Libraries provides borrowing to the MIT community and beyond.
- Non-MIT institutions: Borrow via our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service. See our ILL guide.
- MIT users: Simply use your MIT ID at any library.
Get materials from non-MIT libraries
MIT users only (includes current MIT faculty, staff, and students). Be sure to Search Our Collections to see if the item is available at MIT.
Use our Scanning Services to digitize your materials
The Libraries offer a variety of scanning services, including:
- Scan large collections of print materials
- Slides and photographic scanning