Scan & Deliver service
About this service
Scan & Deliver is free to MIT faculty, students and staff. PDFs are delivered via your ILLiad account.
- We will scan & deliver PDFs of articles and book chapters (50 pages or less) from print collections in Barker, Dewey, Hayden, Music and Rotch Libraries, as well as the Library Storage Annex. Copyright restrictions apply — see information below.
- We cannot scan non-standard print materials (e.g., maps, music scores). Non-print formats (e.g., microfilm, CDs) are also excluded.
- Use Search Our Collections to find items. Eligible materials will have “Request via Scan & Deliver” links.
- Delivery is limited to 6 items per person, per day.
All Scan & Deliver requests are subject to fair use copyright guidelines. We adhere to the following limits for document delivery:
- Provided for the purpose of private study and research.
- Only one article from a single journal issue can be provided — i.e., if we receive requests for multiple articles within a single journal issue, we can only scan one of the articles.
- Only one chapter per book can be provided.
- If you need more than the above amounts, you may be asked for more information in order to make a fair use determination.
- Scanning not provided when digital equivalent is already available via MIT Libraries.