Reserve a group study room
Before you reserve: Review guidelines
We want to make these rooms available to as many MIT students as possible. If your request violates any of these guidelines, it will be cancelled.
- Group study rooms are for the use of current MIT students, faculty, and staff.
- Priority is given to groups of two or more – single users can be “bumped”.
- Rooms may be reserved for a maximum of 3 hours at a time.
- Rooms may be reserved no more than 30 days in advance.
- Reservations for consecutive, concurrent, or recurring meetings are not permitted.
- Rooms are only available during library hours.
- Reservations cannot be placed over the phone or by e-mail.
Reserving a group study room
Please review the guidelines above before reserving. If your request violates any of the reservation guidelines above, your reservation will be cancelled.
Reserve online (or check availability)
- Visit MyCard@MIT and log in with your Kerberos ID (you must have changed your Kerberos password within the last 12 months to use this system).
- Select Room Reservation.
- Select MIT Libraries from the Room Group drop-down menu.
- Select the desired date, time, and length of reservation, and a list of available spaces will appear.
- click/tap the “i” icon for more information (capacity, equipment, etc.)
- click/tap the calendar icon to view more availability for that room
- Reserve the selected room:
- click the reserve button (on mobile – tap the room name)
- under event name, enter a recognizable description of your meeting (which will display publicly)
- add other attendees’ names under “Who else can open the door?” so they can also confirm the reservation when entering the room
- select confirm
- If you do not arrive for your reservation 15 minutes or more after the start time, Libraries’ staff may release the reservation so the room is available to other community members.
- You may log back in at any time to view, update, or cancel (“drop”) your reservation.
- Use the touch screen devices mounted outside each room.
- These devices allow anyone from the MIT community to book an immediate reservation for up to 3 hours from the current time, as long as the room is available.
- This method cannot be used for scheduling future reservations or if the room is currently in use.
Cancel a reservation
To cancel (“drop”) a reservation, either log in to MyCard@MIT or use the touchscreen device outside the door.