Featured expert Peter Munstedt Music
Get to know Lewis Music
- About the Lewis Music Library
- Floor plan & directory (pdf)
- Music on the news site
- Follow us on Facebook
Learn about one of MIT’s great music teachers! Explore an online preview of the Herb Pomeroy Jazz Collection.
Search our collections
- To find books, scores, CDs & more, search Barton and limit by Formats/Types.
- To look for articles & e-resources, search BartonPlus. (See our guide on Finding music materials in BartonPlus.)
Learn about our collections
Research guides: tools & databases for your topic
Here you will find some of the most comfortable chairs on campus and some great equipment.
- Comfortable seating and large study tables on both floors.
- Listening carrels containing compact disc players, turntables, cassette tape decks, VCRs, laserdisc, and DVD players are located on the mezzanine.
Spaces are first come, first served.
- Two group study rooms on the mezzanine. Larger room has an LCD screen with laptop connectors.
- Group viewing/listening room equipped with a VCR, laserdisc, and DVD players.
The Lewis Music Library does not have 24/7 study space. Space is available in the nearby Hayden Library. See 24/7 study spaces for complete information.