For researchers struggling to manage their data, basic strategies will be provided for
• best practices for retention and archiving
• effective directory structures and naming conventions
• good file formats for long-term access
• data security and backup options
• metadata, tagging, and citation
• other relevant issues
WHEN: Tuesday, January 12, 11am – 12pm or Tuesday, January 26, 10 – 11am (duplicate session)
WHERE: DIRC, 14N-132
Enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis and limited to 20 participants.
Contact Amy Stout with any questions.
Check out the MIT Libraries’ full schedule of IAP sessions.
This session is co-sponsored by the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science department.