We know there is a lot to take in when you first arrive at MIT, so here’s a quick to-do list to help you get acquainted with the MIT Libraries.
Come check us out
Find what you need for class
Our staff are super friendly and can save you loads of time, so don’t hesitate to ask them.
- Try our quick search to find books, CDs, DVDs, articles, journals, and web site information
- Ask library staff via chat, email, or in person
- Learn about course reserves and textbooks on reserve
Take a break
- Check out our exhibits and events such as meditation sessions, study breaks, and dog therapy events
- Browse our “just for fun” collections of graphic novels, DVDs, music, and more
- Join us for MIT Reads, an all-campus reading program that selects two books a year and hosts discussions and author events
Sign up for our monthly email news to stay up to date on our latest events and helpful services.