Internships in the MIT Libraries
The MIT Libraries offer a range of undergraduate and graduate internships. If you are interested in exploring one, please send an inquiry and resume to Nina Davis-Millis, Director of Staff Development (email@example.com).
- Generally, the internship program targets students participating in structured internship programs sponsored by Library and Information Science schools and related professional programs. Students enrolled in schools that do not have such a program are often able to arrange an internship as an independent study course.
- The MIT Libraries, including the Institute Archives, the Aga Khan Documentation Center, and the Program in Information Science, regularly post internship opportunities with the Simmons School of Library and Information Science (SLIS) program, including internships in librarianship and internships in archives.
- Students enrolled in other programs are also welcomed to apply for internships with us. Current and recent internship postings are posted below. It may be possible to arrange other types of internships.
- Most of our internships are unpaid; paid internships will be clearly described as such. People who will be receiving course credit are not eligible for paid internships.
- The MIT Libraries are deeply and energetically committed to promoting diversity and inclusion both within our own organization and throughout the library science and archives profession. We encourage and invite inquiries from individuals from underrepresented minorities.
Sample internship opportunities
The following internship opportunities were recently posted:
- Archives Internship for Islamic Architecture Collections II (pdf)
- Archives Processing Internship (pdf)
- Archives Reference Internship (pdf)
- Digital Preservation Internship (pdf)
- Geographic Metadata Internship (pdf)
- Internship in Preservation Outreach & Education (pdf)
- Library Assessment Intern (pdf)
- Program on Information Science Internships (pdf)
- Research Data Management (pdf)
- Video Production Intern (pdf)