What Can Students Do?
- Watch our video tutorials on Scholarly Publication and Copyright.
- Download a summary(PDF) of information related related to your rights as an author.
- Learn to identify, analyze and evaluate information.
- Learn to use the research tools of your discipline(s) critically and effectively.
- Inform yourself about the social, economic and legal issues pertaining to the use of information. Be sure you are accessing and using information in ways that are legal and ethical, including by familiarizing yourself with fair use of copyrighted content, and trying the self-teaching web-based quiz on fair use.
- The Libraries provide help with citing your sources and avoiding plagiarism.
Watch: Publishing Smart Workshop (video, 46:07 minutes)