Access to non-MIT libraries
For members of the MIT community
Boston Library Consortium
MIT is a member of the Boston Library Consortium (BLC), a cooperative association of academic and research libraries in the greater Boston area.
Most BLC member libraries are open to on-site use by patrons of other member libraries. If your work requires extensive use of materials not available at MIT, you may qualify for a Boston Library Consortium (BLC) card which will enable you to borrow materials from another BLC library. Consortium Library Cards are available at the Barker Engineering, Dewey, Hayden, & Rotch Libraries Service Desks, and the reference staff can advise you on this option.
MIT's WorldCat will allow you to connect to all BLC library homepages and catalogs.
The following institutions are members of the BLC:
- Boston College
- Boston University
- Brandeis University
- Marine Biological Laboratory - Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute
- Massachusetts State Library
- Northeastern University
- Tufts University
- University of Connecticut
- University of Massachusetts / Amherst
- University of Massachusetts / Boston
- University of Massachusetts / Dartmouth
- University of Massachusetts / Lowell
- University of Massachusetts Medical Center
- University of New Hampshire
- Wellesley College
- Williams College