ICPSR Summer Internship Program
The Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) now is accepting applications for its annual summer internship program for undergraduates that will take place from June 8-August 14, 2009.
- Gain experience using statistical programs such as Stata, SAS, and SPSS.
- Learn data processing skills to prepare social science data for archiving and distribution.
- Deadline for application is February 2, 2009.
- Stipend given.
ICPSR is sponsoring two competitions to highlight the best undergraduate student research papers using quantitative data.
The objective is to encourage undergraduates to explore the social sciences by means of critical analysis of a topic supported by quantitative analysis of a dataset(s) held within the ICPSR archive and presented in written form.
- One competition covers any dataset(s) held within the ICPSR archive or any of its special topic archives. In the second competition, the paper must address issues relevant to underrepresented minorities in the United States and draw data from the Minority Data Resource Center.
- Up to three cash prizes will be awarded for each competition. The winner will receive a monetary award of $1,000 (second place receives $750 and third place $500).
- Deadline for submission is May 31, 2009.