The Cochrane Library is a collection of databases that contain high quality independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making, bringing together research on effective treatments and interventions. Published since 1996, the Cochrane Library contains over 5,000 reviews and 2,000 protocols.
The Cochrane Library contains:
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews
- Cochrane Central Registry of Controlled Trials
- Cochrane Methodology Register
- Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects
- Health Technology Assessment Database
- NHS Economic Evaluation Database
The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, contains highly regarded systematic reviews on treatment efficacy for specific diseases interventions and provide a summary of the results of research gathered from randomized controlled trials found in the literature.
You can browse the Cochrane Library or you can search by specific disease or intervention and limit to reviews.
Questions? Email Courtney Crummett, the Bioinformatics and Biosciences Librarian.