Welcome to the MIT Libraries!
Orientation: Fall 2008
Undergraduate Students || Graduate Students || All Students
Attend these events to become familiar with what the Libraries have to offer – our staff, collections, services, and resources.
- What: An expo of MIT’s academic departments and programs. The Libraries will be ready to answer your questions and offer information about our resources and services. Pick up handouts and goodies.
- When: Wednesday, August 27, 3:00 – 4:30 pm
- Where: Johnson Athletics Center (W34). Look for the Libraries’ banner.
Freshmen Explorations: Ice Cream Social
- What: Build your own ice cream sundae!
- When: Thursday, August 28, 3:00 – 4:30 pm
- Where: Lipchitz Courtyard (Building 14); rain location: hallway in front of Hayden Library (Building 14)
Hitchhiker’s Guide Library Tours
- What: A walking tour of all the MIT Libraries, with special gifts for the first 10 attendees at each tour.
- When: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 1:30 p.m; Thursday, August 28, 11:00 am;Thursday, August 28, 2:00 p.m.
- Where: Meet in Lobby 7
Graduate Student Orientation: Grad School 102
- What: An introduction to the MIT Libraries services and resources.
- When: Tuesday, August 26, 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- Where: 34-101
8th Annual New Graduate Student Reception
- What: A reception for new graduate students, with beverages and light refreshments provided.
- **NOTE**: Free, but tickets required. Pick up your ticket at the Graduate Student Council Information Booth.
- When: Wednesday, August 27, 5:00 – 7:00 pm
- Where: Barker Library Dome (Building 10-500)
Health & Wellness Fair
- What: Libraries’ staff will be ready to answer your questions and offer information about our resources and services. Pick up handouts and goodies.
- When: Friday, August 29, 2:00 – 5:00 pm
- Where: Kresge Oval, outside the Student Center (or in La Sala Room if raining)