Need to expand your skills in statistical methods and quantitative analysis? Attend the ICPSR Summer Program! Each year, ICPSR provides a comprehensive, integrated program of studies in research design, statistics, data analysis, and social science methodology. Registration is now open for the 2014 session. Note: MIT attendees can register at a discount and scholarships are available.
For a listing of course offerings and application information, see the ICPSR Summer Program web site. Courses this year include:
- Complex Systems Models
- Managing Statistical Research: The Workflow of Data Analysis
- Network Analysis: Advanced Topics
- and much more…
Note that while most courses are held at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, some are held in nearby Amherst, MA or New York, NY.
And don’t forget ICPSR as a source of quantitative data on a range of topics: from markets, election statistics, health, education, international relations, social attitudes and behavior, and more! Recently added datasets include:
- Oregon Health Insurance Experiment, 2008-2010 (by MIT’s own Amy Finkelstein!)
- Dynamics of Retail Methamphetamine Markets in New York City, 2007-2009
- South Korean Local Election Panel Study: Regional Three Waves, 2010
- Institutional Data Archive on American Higher Education, 1970-2011
In other news, attend an upcoming Webinar: Resources for Health Research from ICPSR.
For further information, contact Katherine McNeill, Social Science Data Services Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org.