The Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR), the world’s largest archive of digital social science data, now is accepting applications for its annual summer internship program and 2010 research paper competition.
ICPSR Undergraduate Summer Internship Program
ICPSR is accepting applications for its annual summer internship program for undergraduates which will take place from June 7-August 13, 2010.
- Gain experience using statistical programs such as Stata, SAS, and SPSS.
- Learn data processing skills to prepare social science data for archiving and distribution.
- Deadline for application: February 8, 2010.
- Stipend given.
ICPSR Research Paper Competitions
ICPSR is sponsoring three competitions to highlight the best student research papers (undergraduate and master’s) using quantitative data. The objective is to encourage students to explore the social sciences by means of critical analysis of a topic supported by quantitative analysis of a dataset(s) held within the ICPSR archive and presented in written form.
- Two competitions covers any dataset(s) held within the ICPSR archive and are eligible to undergraduate and master’s students, respectively. The third competition solicits undergraduate papers addressing issues relevant to minorities in the United States, including immigrants, that utilize data from the Resource Center for Minority Data.
- Up to three cash prizes will be awarded for each competition. The winner will receive a monetary award of $1,000 (second place receives $750 and third place $500).
- Deadline for submission is January 31, 2010.