Bureau van Dijk’s Zephyr database is now available at MIT: //libraries.mit.edu/get/zephyr. Zephyr provides:
- summaries and financial details about worldwide corporate mergers & acquisitions
- transactions such as IPOs, buyouts, and joint ventures
- private equity and venture capital financing details
How does Zephyr compare with SDC Platinum?
- Zephyr is web-based and requires no software download
- Zephyr also provides access to more recent deals (no 30-day embargo) and adds more deals each year
- SDC Platinum data goes back to 1980s (Zephyr goes back to 2000 (1998 for European deals))
- The databases can have different coverage so you may want to utilize both
Try out Zephyr and tell us what you think! Send your questions and comments to Alex Caracuzzo (firstname.lastname@example.org).