Pricing, turnaround times, shipping and payment options
Pricing and turnaround times
MIT community – current MIT faculty, staff and students only
If not held in MIT’s DSpace, request from Document Services via the MIT Thesis Order Form.
- Web-Docs delivery free; typical delivery time: 2-3 weeks | About Web-Docs Delivery
- Softbound paper copy $40; typical delivery time: 2-3 weeks (see shipping options below)
Non-MIT users and institutions, MIT alumni/ae
Please check MIT’s DSpace thesis collection prior to placing an order. Theses on DSpace are available to view and print at no cost. If a thesis is not on DSpace, please place a request using the MIT Thesis Order Form. Delivery time is 2-3 weeks.
- Web-Docs Delivery for a thesis not in DSpace $45 | About Web-Docs Delivery
- Softbound paper copy $75; typical delivery time: 2-3 weeks (see shipping options below).
Authors who are ordering a copy of their own thesis please contact us prior to submitting your request.
$30 per volume – see shipping options below
One-day rush service: add $20 per order (orders submitted by 12pm EST Mon-Fri will be shipped by 5PM)
1 business day typical delivery time; see also Privilege Card Guide
- MIT Alumni/ae – $150 year
- Non-MIT – $500 year
Pickup: at Document Services (by appointment only) – see Hours.
FedEx (you may provide your own FedEx number to avoid additional shipping charges):
- FedEx Express Saver (US Service) $15
- FedEx Priority (1 day) US service $25
- FedEx International $35
Note: Prepayment is required for all transactions.
- Credit card: We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Please use our online order forms to pay by credit card; for security reasons we cannot accept card information written on forms, faxed or emailed.
- Invoice: For existing accounts only.
- Prepayment check: Drawn on a US bank, in US funds; made payable to MIT.
- IFM: Payment made through OCLC.