Featured expert:Molly McInerneyCourse reserves
Get to know Barker
Research guides: tools & databases for your topic
- Aeronautics & astronautics
- Biological engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Chemical & materials properties
- Civil & environmental engineering
- Computer science
- Electrical engineering
- Materials science & engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Nuclear science & engineering
- Ocean engineering & naval architecture
Centrally located in Building 10, Barker has a variety of spaces to meet your study needs.
- Quiet carrels and large tables located throughout the 5th-7th floors.
- Comfy seating available throughout – primarily on 5th and 8th floors.
- 5th floor:
- Two open study spaces – suitable for groups of six or less. Mounted whiteboards and screens with laptop hookup.
- Barker Media Room: Presentation room with screen/laptop hookup, video conferencing capabilities
- 8th floor:
- 12 open study spaces – suitable for groups of 4 or less. Moveable whiteboards in each space.
- 1 private study space – suitable for groups of 8 or less. Mounted whiteboard and screen with laptop hookup.
- See Barker group study for complete information.
- Reading Room and other select areas of the 5th floor are available 24/7.
- Please note: there is no access to the collections after hours.
- To promote a safe and secure environment in this room when Barker Library is closed, several emergency buttons with a direct connection to MIT Campus Police are provided in the reading room.